Faucets & Sinks
Your faucets and sinks are used multiple times each day. Unfortunately, leaks, clogs, and other issues are bound to occur at some point or another. It’s important that you don’t put off repairs to your shower faucets, kitchen faucets, or bathroom faucets. Small leaks or other seemingly innocuous issues can be a sign of larger problems or lead to major issues if not attended to in a timely manner. Ignoring the problems or attempting to make repairs on your own can cause more damage and as a consequence, more money to fix the issue in the long run. At Go Pro Plumbing, we are aware of the damage that issues with your sink or faucets can cause. Our contractors are fully licensed and focus on customer satisfaction as well as high-quality workmanship. Give us a call to schedule your free estimate today.
Common Problems With Sinks and Faucets
Whether you are having issues with your sink, kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, or shower faucets, it is imperative to recognize the signs. Learn more about problems with sinks and faucets that our customers commonly call us about below.
- Leaks and Drips: Sinks that suffer from leaky faucets are very common and annoying. Common sense would lead most to believe that a small leak should require a small repair that they can easily do themselves. However, it is not always that simple. There are many reasons why faucets leak. They can include worn out seals, worn washers, corrosion (valve seat and O-ring), or they may be a consequence of more significant problems with your plumbing.
- Clogged Drains: Sink drains can be easily clogged. This is especially the case in your bathroom and kitchen. Though you may want to use a chemically-based solution like Draino, it is not recommended as they can cause long-term damage to your pipes. A trained plumber is equipped to find where the clog is and safely remove it without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Foul Smells: Eradicating bad odors coming from your kitchen or bathroom sinks is not as easy as pouring vinegar down the drain. It could be a sign of a clog or a problem deeper within your plumbing system.
- Loose Faucets: If your kitchen faucets, shower faucets, or bathroom faucets are wiggling when it shouldn’t be, you are likely dealing with a loose faucet. This could have been caused by the accumulating pressure of consistent use. It is important to replace your faucets with one that fits your lifestyle as soon as possible so further damage does not occur.
- Noisey Faucets: In rare cases, faucets can be noisy if the pipes leading to your sink are too small. However, it is not usually the reason. It is typically due to a missized washer that is not in its proper place.
Common Repairs For Kitchen Faucets, Shower Faucets, and Bathroom Faucets
Your bathroom and kitchen faucets get a lot of use throughout the week. Since they are so heavily used, there will eventually be some type of repair needed. Though some homeowners allow problems to persist over time, this is not the best strategy when it comes to ensuring that they work properly long-term. Listed below are common repairs made to kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, and shower faucets.
- Kitchen Faucets: Most of us use the kitchen faucet at least once per day. Your kitchen faucet is used to clean, cook, complete science projects, etc. Since they are used so often, they are usually replaced at a much higher rate than other types of faucets. At Go Pro Plumbing we offer modern and cost-saving kitchen faucets. We are also prepared to make any needed repairs.
- Shower Faucets: Similar to kitchen faucets, shower faucets get replaced quite often. You rely on them to ensure that you are clean as well as relaxed while taking your shower. Replacing a shower handle or shower faucet on your own is not as easy as it may seem. In some instances, you may need to replace the entire valve (especially if you want to upgrade to a premium shower faucet). This will typically require a trained plumber.
- Bathroom Faucets: You have likely heard the bathroom faucet in your sink leaking when it wasn’t supposed to be. If left unchecked, it can negatively affect your water bill. Furthermore, older bathroom faucets tend to develop mineral deposits that cause stains as well as decreased water pressure.
Working With a Reputable Plumber
Don’t take your sinks and faucets for granted. They play an integral role in your home’s plumbing. No matter if you are dealing with a small leak or something larger, do not wait to have it repaired. At Go Pro Plumbing, we understand the importance of properly working kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, and shower faucets. Not only do they affect your quality of life, but they can also cause your water bills to skyrocket if not fixed in a timely manner. Give the sink and faucet experts at Go Pro Plumbing a call to schedule your free estimate today.